Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

BO8, FO8, Waltz-8, 3s, Serpentines

My lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  We were moved to the South Pole today for some reason.

I warmed up with edges, scribed my circles, then ran the Preliminary test and then worked on BO8.

Today's lesson:
  • BO8 -- we continued these since I had been working on them.  Ugh!  Very frustrating.  I am really having problems on the RBO side, especially, in getting and holding the position without rotating out of the circle.  This has been so much better!  Not sure why I am having these issues now.  Grr.  They did get better, though; and the LBO wasn't too bad.
  • FO8 -- in contrast, these were perhaps the best I've ever done -- I was really thrilled.  Good control and good flow and Lynne said I looked really relaxed :-).
  • Waltz-8 -- better than last week, I think.  Not great but a little better.  I did a better job of not cutting in to the circle on the BO edge and the 3s were mostly better.
  • 3s to center -- I'm getting better flow through the turn but I still need to work on not letting the free leg pop out during/after the turn; Lynne says I really need to think about the BI edge the way I do in my BI8 -- like I'm almost leaning *out* of the circle.
  • serpentines -- wow!  I got all the way around the first 1.5 circles on each foot!  I was really pleased.  I still need to work on really, really pushing when I change feet as I just don't have enough oomph!
All in all a great lesson!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home