Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Elements

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  We spent our time reviewing most of my elements in prep for starting choreography next week for the new free skate.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz jump -- not bad.  JJ reminded me that now that I have an actual rocker I need to bend my knee more and really get good spring.
  • salchow -- first one was ucky but the second was not bad, actually.
  • lunge -- not bad, but JJ wants me to work on picking up the trailing leg without scraping the blade.  Ugh.
  • spirals -- JJ asked me if I wanted to try a back spiral, so I said sure :-).  Worked through it a bit and did several.  I have a hard time keeping them on the flat but they weren't that bad.
  • spins -- meh.  They were inconsistent, as usual.
  • backspin -- finished up running through my exercises a couple of times each; they are getting better.  Then some time working on attempting the backspin.  A little better/closer than before but still not there yet.  Someday!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home