Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Duet At Gilbert Recital

Melissa and I skated our "Grease" duet at the Gilbert recital today.

I got to the rink around 10:30 a.m.; plenty of time to get my skates and wig etc. on.  We got on the ice for our warmup a couple of minutes early so we had about 8 minutes for a warmup -- nice.  Plenty of time.  Warmed up individually, then we did some side-by-side stroking and then worked a couple of points in the program.

We were the 3rd to skate.  We had a great skate!  It was the best we have done to date, I think.  Everything went really well and about the only glitch I can think of is mine -- at the end for some reason instead of looking down at Melissa I was looking up at the audience (they were a great audience) and Melissa whispered "look at me!" and so I did.  Ooops!  :-(

I was very pleased that my stepmom, my friend Kirsten, and my cousin Les and his kids all came to watch.  Other than my stepmom, none of them had seen me skate before.  Yay!  I was really pleased it went so well.  Afterward I stayed for a while to watch some of the other skaters, then I had to go.  Great fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home