Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 13, 2014

FO Mohawk, Salchow

I had a lesson with Sonya on the WSC public this afternoon.  Unlike last month the session was full ice, which really helped.

Today's lesson:
  • FO mohawk -- JJ had wanted to work on "transitions" but when I showed Sonya the opening of the new program she realized that JJ really wanted an LFO mohawk but let me do an LFI mohawk because I've not learned an FO mohawk.  So we worked on the LFO mohawk a bit.  We actually made some progress!  Biggest problem is that when I try to turn my upper body I tend to lean out of the circle (gee, where else have I seen that? :-( ) which pulls me off the edge.  Still, it wasn't actually too scary which was nice.
  • salchow -- we spent a bunch of time on this.  The entry improved a lot, but I'm still really struggling to bend the skating knee and really bring the free leg around/through if I actually make myself try to jump at the correct time.  Still need a lot of work on these but I'm grateful for the progress we made.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home