Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 06, 2014

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Chandler coffee club today for patch practice.  Warmed up with edges, then ran through FO8, FI8 and waltz-8.  I noticed my FI8 circles are rather smaller than my FO8... hmm. :-(.  Waltz-8 was about as crappy as usual.

After beating my head on that for a while I went on and worked on BO8, serpentines and 3s to center.  Just for grins I re-oriented my BO8 to make my long axis parallel to the short end of the rink instead of the sides of the rink.  Whoa!  Totally weirded me out.  I went ahead and played with it for a while just to see if I could get it better.  It did a bit.  Hmm.  Serpentines were about the same as Friday; I worked some on trying to get a better push and I did make some progress.  Finished up with 3s to center, 3s are okay but still no progress on the BI edge after.  Grrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home