Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Preliminary Test, BO8, BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne.  Due to scheduling issues we were at the Gilbert coffee club.

I warmed up with edges, scribed my circles, and did some FO8 before we started.

Today's lesson:
  • Preliminary test -- as we have the last few lessons, we laid out FO8, FI8 and waltz-8 on staggered circles (same long axis). FO8 was really good!  FI8 pretty good as well. Waltz-8 was a little better.  We spent some more time on them trying to get me stand up straighter on the BO edge and not push too hard, also Lynne cautioned me to hold the exit from the 3 a bit longer on the LFO3.
  • BO8 -- these were really good!  The best I've ever done, I think.  Very controlled, reasonably good tracing. I was pretty happy with them.  Next I can start working on making my pushes smaller/quicker.
  • BI8 -- mmph.  I struggled a bit with the R side to fill out the circle. The L side was actually pretty good.  Lots more to do here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home