Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Preliminary Test, BI8, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I had a short warmup due to a work commitment.

Today's lesson:
  • Preliminary test -- as usual lately, we ran through the test figures, staggering the layouts. FO8 was pretty good, FI8 also good.   Waltz-8 I kept getting confused as to where I was, exactly -- I kept coming back to the wrong center.  So we moved the waltz-8 to the scribed circles and that helped a lot.  Not much progress here, though.
  • BI8 -- about the same as before.  I worked on getting a shorter and more aggressive first push... I am using too little of my blade so I am leaving some power behind.  RBI was a bit weak.
  • serpentines -- mmph.  About the same.  Worked on getting more power, better push.  I need to work on not anticipating the change of edge and making it quicker.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home