Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Choreo

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up by working through what I have of the program.  In the process I managed to have a rather nasty backward fall (OOH I hate those!), no real damage just a little bang-up to my L arm and I bit my tongue a little (no blood though).  Grrr.  Oh well.  I also spent some time working on the RFI spiral.  Yikes.  For some reason it's a lot harder for me to get my leg up in that position.  It's partly that I'm not used to doing them on my R foot.

For today's lesson we didn't really do any new choreography but we worked through what we have somewhat and JJ worked with me on two elements he wants to add: a mazurka and a lunge with arm movements.  The mazurka is really just like a backward bunny hop... and we know how much I love bunny hops (NOT!).  I think the conclusion was that we'll use that in combination with the waltz jump.  The lunge is okay but adding the arm gestures made it hard to keep the free leg back.  Ulp.

Anyway it's coming along okay.  One lesson with JJ next week as I am traveling (but I'll have one with Sonya as well!).

Also, I met with the costumer last night and we talked through my costume.  It's going to be uber-great!  Unfortunately it will require a lot of hand dyeing and such so it will be a bit pricey, but it should be really awesome. I'm excited.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home