Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Werkin' It Some More

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

We continued working through the free skate.  I ran it once without music and then again with music.  In between we worked on a number of areas -- for example we changed the pattern slightly so that the lunge-3 was into the boards so that I come out and can go right into the alternating BXOs.  The lunge-3 was much better today though, so that was encouraging.

There are still some real problem areas; in particular the footwork into the spin -- I have trouble remembering it/executing it and it's too slow; also from the salchow into the pivot seems to be a bit problematic.    JJ reminded me I really have to squeeze out the extra steps I tend to insert -- they slow me down and get me behind.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home