Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Back At It

I had my first figures lesson with Lynne in two weeks on the Chandler coffee club today.  Yikes!  I had not skated patch at all in two weeks.  Things were a little rough in my warmup.

Today's lesson:
  • Preliminary test -- as we've been doing we laid out FO8, FI8 and waltz-8 on staggered circles.  FO8 was okay although my flow was not so great.  FI8 was pretty good.  Waltz-8 was not bad, all things considered, although I did put my foot down on the step foward on the middle R circle.  Grrr.  Oh, and I fell on one of the RFO3s.  Ha!
  • serpentines --ugh!  I didn't make it all the way around even once.  Grrr.
  • 3s to center -- the 3s themselves are pretty nice!  Still not holding that BI edge around though.
Good to be back on my patch skates!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home