Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, March 03, 2014

Polishing...

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert..

Another lesson with polishing the free skate.  We ran it twice with music, and in between we worked on cleaning things up.  The second runthrough was much better!

I'm still having some issues in the same areas -- the footwork into the spin, the pivot just before the end, and for some reason I weird myself out on the RFI3 near the beginning.  It's coming along though.  This is really just a "rough-cut" of this program, there's a lot more we will probably add later (like a backspin, once I can do one!).

This evening I had my final fitting for my costume (can we get this any more down to the wire?!).  It's basically done but there were a couple of fixes that have to be made with the snaps for the cuffs, and also for the stirrups.  Also some small issues with the stoning.  It looks really terrific, though, I think.  It should be done tomorrow, and I can wear it for my Wed. a.m. lesson.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home