Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Last Prep

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

This was our last chance to polish the program before PCAS.  I wore my costume (picked it up last night) and it looks and feels fine. We ran the program 3 times.  The first time, I fell on the left mohawk/step over before the spin -- just kinda dumb, I was stepping one way but my body was turning the other way.  Got up and went on from the spin entry and managed to finish on time, so I was pretty happy about that.

The second time was not as good, though I didn't fall :-).  And the third time was better!  We spent some time reviewing the bows and also going out on the ice.  We decided it would be helpful to do a pivot when I'm taking my position -- besides looking cool it's a last chance to practice it :-).

So that's it!  Practice ice Friday morning at 9 CA time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home