Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 14, 2014

Preliminary Test, BI8, 3s

I had my figures lesson with Lynne on the Gilbert coffee club today.  The ice had not been Zammed and was pretty crappy :-(.

Today's lesson:
  • Preliminary test -- ugh.  FO8 was a little wonky at first but better.  FI8 was okay. Waltz-8 was pretty ukky; the second time through was better.  I really need to just take it one step at a time.
  • BI8 -- ugh...we worked a bunch on getting more power in the initial push, with a little success.  It's all about bending the knees and getting more blade to push from!
  • 3s to center -- about the same.  3s are not bad, but the check is lacking.  Lynne had me practice holding a hockey stick (clearly, she's been talking to JJ!) to help me be more aware of my upper body/arm position.  It was weird!  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home