Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Spins

I had a lesson with Sonya on the afternoon public at WSC. I got there at 3:30 and had a rather indifferent warmup... I was not very motivated and being on public didn't help.

Today's lesson:
  • spins -- Sonya took me back to the beginning and had me skate a tight LFO edge while holding the free leg back and holding good tension in the arms.  Ugh.  I did manage to make some good progress and was bending my knee a lot more than I have in the past.
  • backspin -- we worked on these a couple of different ways, finishing with the LFI-RFI edge entry.  Ugh.  I am starting to have a feel for snapping the hip in a bit but I really am not able to make the free leg  cross over/around , or if I do that I don't remember to let the L arm come around.  Yuck.
  • sitspin -- I think I looked at Sonya like she was crazy when she suggested we look at this (I do that a lot, I suspect).  Anyway we worked on it briefly.  At least she didn't make me try camel!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home