Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Moves

My lesson with JJ on the 2:30 p.m. FS at Gilbert.  Since I was off, and just home from Oregon, we chose this afternoon session.  However with Fiesta Skate starting tomorrow, perhaps not the best choice as it was a little crowded and lots of people running programs.  I was a bit distracted and out of sorts.

After all my whining about my crappy skating, we decided to work on moves. Today's lesson:
  • power-3s -- ugh.    JJ told me something I swear he never had before -- to bring my free foot further across after the BXO so that I could step on a better FO edge.  It really helped.
  • BXOs to landing position -- we worked on getting me to actually (Duh!) turn my head and upper body while holding the landing position.  For some reason while I can manage to turn the body, getting that head to turn is really difficult for me.
  • 5-step mohawk -- the only good thing was that I kept going!  Well, actually the last part was not so bad, but the mohawks are pretty bad.  I don't hold the FI edge, for one thing.  Ugh.
Not sure about my skating schedule in the future as I'm starting a new job Monday.  Ugh.  We'll have to see.  Also the Chandler rink is closed for the summer for renovation, so my only options seem to be Gilbert (15 miles in the opposite direction from work) or perhaps Oceanside.  Hmmm.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home