Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, May 06, 2014

New Rink

I actually dragged my butt out of bed today and made it to Oceanside to skate before work.  I was concerned about the traffic, but while there were some slow spots it wasn't that bad.

Once I got to the rink I saw a lot of familiar faces, both coaches and skaters, refugees from Chandler mostly.  The ice was a bit bumpy and of course it was hard hockey ice -- but at least it wasn't too crowded.  There were about 8 skaters (including two dancers in lesson, eep).

I had an okay skate.  I worked on spins for quite some time and they were all pretty bad.  I worked on the stuff JJ asked me to but was only able to really do it off the boards once.  Geez.  Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home