Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Edges & Crossover Exercise

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:

  • edge drill -- we continued working on (just) the FO drill (skate fwd on flat, FO edge around in a circle).  I still stink at getting the circle smaller but at least I'm improving my  body position a bit.  So some progress.
  • crossover drill -- I went out and did the crossover drill just fine... then couldn't get myself to do it again for several minutes.  Geez!  JJ wanted me to do cross-n'-hold, then uncross into an inside spread eagle.  Ugh.  I was able to do the cross-n'-hold AND the spread eagle, but not the uncross the way he wants it.  Ugh.  Needs work.  I did manage to make myself bend my knees more so that's progress too.
This all seems very elementary to me and yet since I struggle with this stuff I think it really is the right thing to be working on.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:21 AM , Blogger George A said...

    Refinement of foundation elements is always a good investment of time. I constantly revisit elementary stuff, particularly my weak side elements. I'm never completely satisfied with anything.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home