Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS...

As I was getting on the session I decided to re-tie my left boot... and promptly broke the lace.  Argh!  Fortunately I did have laces in my skate bag... but they were spares for my patch boots and therefore baby blue in color :-).  Oh well!  So I promptly went and put a new lace on... which took all of my warmup time.  So I had to do my lesson with no warmup AND a newly-laced boot.  Yuck.

We continued where we left off last time... but it took a while to get back there!  I finally was able to start holding the entrance edge longer; so then the next thing was to try to keep the free side back longer, then bring the free leg around and in/up as well as open up the skating side.  Ugh.  I did manage to do one pretty nice 2-rev spin before the end of the lesson, and a couple that were almost as good.  Consider how little practice I've had in the last week I guess I shouldn't complain.  I really need to work on this.  Anyway it's progress.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home