Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 08, 2014

Spins

My spin lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- we continued to work on spinning from a standing start, especially on holding the entrance edge.  We were starting from the line, and I tended to be a bit diagonal; so one correction was to look and start straight ahead and let it curve around more.  I actually managed to do a better job of holding it around, after some work.  I really need to work on deepening the edge, though, and that's a weak point right now.  JJ has me working on this too with the edge drill he gave me.
  • windup -- Lynne wanted to work on the windup as well because obviously we will want to connect the windup into the step forward that we are working on w/the standing start.  The windup itself is actually pretty good (if you manage to ignore the crappy mohawk and scratchy BXO).  I think Lynne was relatively pleased with that part, but the step forward and what comes after is of course the issue...
All in all good work.  This is going to take a while, but I'm used to that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home