Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

New Rink (Sort Of)

I skated the 5:10 FS at Arcadia this afternoon.  I didn't make it to Oceanside this morning so I ran over to this FS after work (Arcadia has these Tues & Thurs).  Ice was decent and there were only 3 of us, which was nice.  $12 for 40 minutes is a bit steep though!

I had a decent skate.  For the first 10 or 20 minutes, though, I felt really tentative which was pretty disturbing.  After that it got better.  I worked on spins as well as most of the stuff I worked on with JJ last week.  Spins from a standstill were not too great, but I did a couple from a windup that were actually pretty good (3 revs!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home