Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Perseverance

No lesson yesterday; I cancelled and stayed home from work because I didn't feel well.  I didn't feel to great this morning either so I cancelled my spin lesson, slept in and then dragged myself to work.  By afternoon I felt a lot better, so I went to the 5:10 FS at Arcadia.

I had an okay skate, but it took me forever to warmup.  I'm really concerned about how I'm feeling lately when I skate.  The comparative lack of ice time lately has been resulting in a lot of freak-out time for me -- I have a high anxiety level, and that tends to make me even more anxious.  Geez!

I did work on all my drills. I did get one really nice spin (from windup) that was nicely centered -- only 2 revs as I chickened out even though I had a good position. GRRR.  I also spent some time on FXOs and finally (after a bunch of practice) was able to get my CCW ones to be decent (with an underpush).  It took forever though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home