Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  This is generally a nice, uncrowded session... we'll see what happens when school is out (soon!).

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- no joke, we spent almost 25 minutes working on these!  Aaaaggh.  We did make some good progress though -- by the end of that time I was bending my knee a lot more and holding the edge longer AND getting the free leg out and back where it's supposed to be.  The difficulty now is to get my weight up to the ball of the foot at the right time.  Urgh.
  • from wind-up -- these are actually not that bad right now. I'm not sure why the difference from standing start, though.  I did a good 3-rev spin and a couple others that were okay.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home