Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 05, 2014

Spins

My spin lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Good ice and just 4 or so of us present.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- these started out with me losing a lot of ground from last week, but then making it up again.  The weak point here is maintaining the spin after it's initiated.  I've made good progress on the entrance and the hook but it looks like I am too slow to bring the free leg in and pull up.  Urgh.
  • two-foot spin -> one foot -- Lynne wanted to try these to see if that would help me feel the one foot spin.  Ugh.  I had not done them in some time so they were pretty rough; and I tend to be pushing onto the L foot instead of just picking up the R foot.  So not much help here.
  • windup-- we finished off looking at the windup into the spin.  We made some great progress!  I did a much better job of holding the edge around and getting it to curve while holding the free leg back, then bringing it around.  Still having issues finding and holding the position though, and my entrance was still inconsistent -- I'd say 1/2 or 2/3 were good, no more than that.  Still it's pretty exciting progress.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home