Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 04, 2014

5-Step Mohawk

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson was all about mohawks.  As many of my readers know my mohawks are really really bad... We started by working on the 5-step mohawk pattern from the Bronze moves.  Of course part of the issue was to get me to keep going even though they are horrible.  I really need to get over that.

We spent some time working on the pattern and trying to get me to really turn my upper body.  Then we worked just on the mohawks themselves.  JJ had me try keeping the free leg closer and trying to square up the hips before and after -- I think the main point of that was to try to get the free hip to stay up and not drop.  Anyway we spent a lot of time on it but I'm not sure that we really made any progress.  Urph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home