Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Back In The Saddle

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I had not skated in 4 weeks!! Ugh.  I had planned on skating yesterday but some work activities got in the way.  It took me most of my 15 minutes of warmup time just to get somewhat comfortable on the ice.

Today's lesson:

  • backward stroking -- for some reason JJ wanted to start with these.  Of course I was up on my toe a lot at first, but it got better.
  • power-3s -- mmph. Still struggling to get myself turned forward after the BXO.  It's a real struggle on the RFO3 side, on the LFO3 it's better.
  • BXOs -- yuck.  Very scrapey and a lot of the time  I'm not doing a full cross.  I need to practice some back swizzles to get used to putting my weight into the circle and keeping it there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home