Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Patch!

I skated the 5:10 p.m. FS at Arcadia for patch practice.  There were 6 of us (plus 2 coaches) -- 5 adults (including a pairs team) and one child in a lesson.  I was concerned I wouldn't be able to practice efficiently, especially since I didn't know most of the folks there, but it was fine.

For my first time on patch blades in 2 months (and only the 2nd time since the end of March!) it went okay... after the first half hour (which was horrible!).

I worked mostly on FO8 and FI8 but also a little BO8, BI8 and even some serpentines.  I studiously avoided the waltz-8 :-).  FO8 and FI8 came back somewhat, eventually, though I think my tracing was pretty sad.  Lights were kind of bright so it was hard to see tracings, but I feel like my circles were rather egg-shaped.  Serpentines were pretty pitiful, didn't even make a half circle after the change of edge.  Yuck.  BO8 was surprisingly good (strong, but again bad tracing and return to center inconsistent).  BI8 was really bad.

The deadline for the Sherwood competition (which includes figures) is this Friday.  I think I'm going to sign up for FO8 and FI8.

In other news I joined a new gym that is relatively close to work and worked out there today... yikes I am out of shape.  It's a start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home