Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 21, 2014

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson was much the same as last week's.  We started with the standing start.  We worked on them for about 15 minutes and I did about 3 that were really pretty good (2+ revs and some control).  Then we moved on to the windup... ugh.  I don't think I got any that were particularly good.  I'm having a hard time translating my success in the standing start, obviously.  I tend to rush too much and I'm not getting over my skating side as well.   Hmmph.

I talked with Lynne about the upcoming figures competition -- we agreed that if I can get some time to practice patch I will go ahead and sign up.  I'm going to try to see if I can practice at Arcadia after work; in the past the Tu-Th freestyle has been pretty quiet so it might work.  It's worth a try.  Until Chandler opens again it's pretty much my only option.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home