Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Crossovers

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Nice ice and only about 7 skaters, most of whom I know pretty well.  Homey :-)

Today's lesson:

  • FXOs -- ugh.  Actually my CW ones are not that bad -- they just feel horribly awkward but JJ says the edges are actually okay.  Underpush is lacking but the position is okay.  I just need to work them a lot more so I won't feel so uncomfortable doing them.  CCW is relatively okay but I don't like doing them either.
  • BXOs -- more ugh.  We spent a fair amount of time working on de-scratching these.  JJ worked with me on having the crossing foot go more diagonal (not the straight-back-and-scratch, lol) and to keep my weight into the circle.  We made very small progress but at least I know what I should do.  Again, more practice needed.
All in all a good lesson.

At lunchtime I was back to the gym, where I met with the personal trainer.  Not a hard sell, which I appreciated.  He showed me some routines, some of which were new and some of which were familiar. My goal for now is to work out 3x/week (MWF) for 35-40 minutes.   If I can do that consistently over the next few months it will put me in a much better place, I think.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home