Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Patch Paradise!

I skated the 5:10 FS at Arcadia for patch practice... and had private ice for an hour!  Wow, I don't know how I lucked out like that.  I had brought my scribe too!

I worked on FO8 and FI8 for quite a bit, both on scribed circles and without.  It's coming back nicely and my circles are much better formed.  Tracing still needs improvement, and I really have to concentrate more on being sure to have good position when I start each circle.  Fortunately I'm at the point where I can usual save the figure even if I have somewhat bad position but it's no fun and might freak me out in competition.

I spent a little time on BO8 (trying to get my form back esp. on the first circle) and also some serpentines.  I actually managed my 1.5 circles on my left foot!  Only once though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home