Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, August 03, 2014

Spins, Waltz Jumps

Olivia and I skated the 10:30 a.m. freestyle at GCCC and she spent some time working with me, so I'll call it a lesson even though it might or might not really have been, I'm not sure.  The ice was beautiful and there were only like 7 or 8 people there, mostly adults.

We spent a little time working on spins from the standing start; mostly working to get the entrance edge to go straighter and then curve around (that equates to holding it longer and also a better curve, not so diagonal).  We made some progress.

After that we worked on waltz jumps a bit, mostly to try to get the arms correct with the swing back and forward and in/together.  I know this stuff but I am somewhat lazy and/or inconsistent about always trying to do it.  I can get plenty of height if I actually try.  We also worked a little on getting the "h" with the free leg (which I explored with Anna a lonnnnng time ago).  I felt pretty good about them -- I had not done any waltz jumps before today since mid-June at best.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home