Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, August 25, 2014

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.

The ice was much, much better today.  When I got on at 7:30 it was a little used but not bad at all, and it wasn't foggy.  For some reason, though, around 8ish it started to fog up so that by 8:30 when I finished you couldn't read the clock through the glass.

I've dropped my spin lesson time to 20 minutes since I will be starting patch lessons again next week.  There's only so much time (and more importantly, money) to go around!

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- meh.  The good news is that I don't need Lynne to draw the line for me anymore.  The bad news is that I'm not holding it quite long enough, but more importantly I'm not holding up the free side after the 3.  Grrr.
  • windup -- a bit better.  I did get one really nice 3 rev spin that was relatively centered, but couldn't repeat it.  What worked was being relatively relaxed, not rushing, and getting the hands/arms rotated and holding the free leg back, then lifting it.  In other words, all the stuff every coach I've ever worked with has told me to do :-).
Before and after my lesson I worked on Bronze moves.  Ugh.  On the positive side I am at least getting myself to do them!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home