Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Competition Prep

My figures lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler -- my last lesson before the Sherwood competition.  Unfortunately the ice was actually worse than on Monday!  Very foggy (my glasses fogged up halfway into my lesson) and very bumpy with "stalagmites" and it was actually raining... you could hear the dripping and I had some on my head too.

I had a half hour to warm up and scribe some circles as best I could, then we started.  FO8 was... better than Monday.  We worked on getting down in the knees more and really pushing, and then really sitting back on the edge from the beginning.  We made some progress on this.  FI8 was appreciably better as well, although I had a few uncontrolled upper-body moments.  Grrr.

All in all I feel relatively okay.  Considering how little practice I've had my expectations are pretty low at this point but it will be good to get it out there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home