Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Ice Café

I had signed up for the Ice Café at Chandler, which started today.  My plan is to use it for patch lessons w/Lynne, but she had a schedule conflict and couldn't be there today.

Unfortunately due to work commitments and distance I really can't skate for more than 45 minutes or so on this session, though I am paying for 90.  Oh well.

Since I had no lesson today I just worked on FO8, FI8 and serpentines.  However the ice was much the same as last Friday (not as bumpy, though) so it was not very productive.  Julie P came out toward the end of the session and apologized for the ice though, and gave us each a free pass for a future Ice Café session.  Nice.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:48 AM , Blogger Hudson Family said...

    How are you getting around on that second circle on the Serpentine? I've done it just once or twice... I get too weirded out on the first push and then somehow lose speed on the change edge. And my change edge is about eighteen inches now according to Patch Coach. Needs to be one or two... LOL

     
  • At 12:10 AM , Blogger Gordon said...

    Having a good push is important but the most important actually is good flow. You really need to sit back on the blade and let it flow. Also yes... a good change of edge is important as a long one (like yours and mine) will cost you a lot of flow.
    I've done it only very occasionally.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home