Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Preliminary Test, BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe... We both got there about the same time so all I had done was scribe my circles.

Unfortunately it's been very humid this week (another tropical storm approaching) and apparently they have not really fixed their issues with humidity as it was very, very foggy in the rink and somewhat bumpy also (though clearly they had Zam'd before this session otherwise it would have been worse).

Today's lesson:
  • edges -- Pretty good in general.  BI8 first lobe is still kinda small compared to the other BI lobes and other lobes in general.
  • FO8 -- pretty good.  Had a small issue with my shoulder on the first one.  That happens too much; I really need to focus more from the beginning.
  • FI8 -- not bad.
  • waltz-8 -- Some parts were a bit improved but I felt like I was not on very good edges the whole time and Lynne said she felt I was rushing things too much.  Hmmph.
  • BI8 -- we had not done these in a long time... despite that, not actually that bad.  Still needs a lot of work but I improved a lot just in the 5 minutes or so we spent on them.
I really need to find some dedicated patch time when I can practice... otherwise I'm feeling like I am not making any progress.  Alas it's not likely to be like it was when we had 5 days/week of coffee club and I worked 5 minutes away.  But if I can find a good solid hour a week of practice time I think I can make some good progress.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home