Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Perseverance

I skated the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler. Lynne asked to move our lesson today to later in the week so I had just a normal practice session -- actually the first time in quite a while that I had just a skate with no lesson.  To top it off I had private ice!  A lot of folks were competing this weekend so they skipped today.

I had a really good practice.  I worked on Bronze moves pretty much the whole time.  The BXOs to landing position are okay; I can do them but they still could use more speed and better flow and the RBO still curves around more than I'd like.  Perimeter XOs are okay but still want more speed/flow and I'd like the CW FXOs to be not so clunky.  5-step is slowly improving but at least I get through it now so I call that progress.  Circle-8 I am still having problems with getting all the way around (I find this frightfully ironic considering how easy this is for me in my patch blades).  Power-3s... ugh.  These are by far the weakest link.  My 3s ... I feel like I just need to relearn them entirely.

Finished off with 5 minutes worth of spins and one waltz jump.  Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home