Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Power-3s, 5-Step

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  During the warmup I worked through BXOs to landing position, circle 8 and a little 5-step.

Today's lesson:

  • power-3s -- still.   JJ brought out the dreaded hockey stick and worked with me to really make me turn into the circle more.  Actually, it worked.  Then we tried without the stick and it kind of stuck... mostly.  It felt a lot more aggressive on the rotation into the circle, which presumably is what I've been lacking.  Of course then the 3 was early and a bit out of control but at least it happened.  So I'll call this progress.
  • 5-step -- just a little time on these.  I am kind of flat on step 4 but all in all I'm happy with my progress.  I need to work a bit on flow and to get the lobes to be equal on each foot.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home