Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  This was a 20 minute lesson (the new norm).

Before my lesson I had a good 30 minutes to work so I spent it on Bronze moves.  I worked on all of them except the 5-step mohawk.  The good news on the power-3s is that I am now more-or-less able to do an entire pattern.  The bad news is that the 3s are not placed well... yet.  Still, it feels like progress to me.

Today's lesson:
  • standing start -- my entrance is getting more consistent, which is nice.   On those rare occasions I'm able to relax a bit and take my time I can get a 2 rev spin before I bail.  Biggest problems now are trying to remember to open the arms, and really getting over the L side.
  • windup -- some progress here.  Toward the end of the lesson I actually managed a really nicely centered 2-rev spin!  I was pretty happy with that.  I'm very inconsistent though.  Urph.
I have some extra time next week (had to cancel my figures lesson yesterday due to work commitments) so we're planning some off-ice spinner training for the end of the week.  I guess I'd better go find my spinner!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home