Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Power-3s

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS.  I warmed up by running most of the Bronze Moves test (though not in order) -- circle-8, 5-step mohawk, BXOs to BO edges, and perimeter stroking.  Not great, but not that bad and I get through them okay.  I'm just slow.

Today's lesson was all power-3s.  We worked on the left side and that went... okayish.  I got through them and did them, but my lobes were small (and got smaller with time).  I did maintain the axis though.  I went ahead into the R side and did like 3 before I fell (not hard).  So then we went and worked on the R side a bit.  Ugh.  I have a hard time making myself do the step forward from the BXO, much less the turn. So JJ brought out Le Stick :-) and that does help me get turned into the turn.  Hmmph.  We'll need to work on this some more.

So other than the issues with the R side step forward the biggest issue remaining with the power-3s is that I am placing the 3 waaaaay too early, not at the top of the lobe.  Still, JJ pointed out I have to be able to do them first before I can fix that.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home