Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Preliminary Test

My figures lesson with Lynne at the Chandler Ice Café.  My scribe needs some maintenance so I did not have it today.

Today's lesson:
  • edges -- FO, FI not bad.  BO was pretty good. BI was not that bad; we spent some time working on the first push; trying to get a bigger first lobe with a better edge.  Some improvement.
  • FO8 -- a little uncontrolled at the start but not bad.
  • FI8 -- for some reason I got confused on my LFI circle and it was waaaay too small.  Oh well.
  • waltz-8 -- eh.  About the same.
After our lesson I worked on 3s to center and BO8.  I love BO8!

I really am going to have to find some time when I can practice figures; I'm just not getting enough time and the Ice Café is both a) pricey and b) too far from work to be practical more than once a week.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home