Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 20, 2014

Spin Progress!

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  During my warmup I worked a bit on moves and also walked through my light entertainment program which I am doing for Autumn Antics 11/9.  Eeek!  Being off the ice for 2.5 weeks made things a bit daunting but it was okay.  I have a lot of work to do to be ready to compete though.  I had private ice!  Apparently people don't want to skate on Mondays, at least not that late in the morning.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- major progress!  First, my entrance edge was much improved.  I did a better job of relaxing and letting it curve around more, so it was pointing more or less back to the line.  With that I managed to do several pretty good spins, and one that was excellent -- 3 revs, nicely centered and with a small circle (maybe 5-6" in diameter).  Awesome!
  • windup -- alas, I couldn't translate that progress into the windup.  I was still tending to rush things and so I didn't hold the entrance edge long enough and things were kinda forced.  Grrr.
All in all I was quite happy with my progress!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home