Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Club Skate

I was in Tucson today to skate with my club (TFSC) at the TCC.  This was our first club skate of the year.  Ice was really nice and we had a great turnout!

I spent the first half of the time warming up and then ran through the Bronze MITF in order (except that I did NOT do the RFO3 side of the power-3s -- still need to work more to get comfy on that).  It's come along really well and most importantly I can get through the whole test okay and not freak out.  I think that's progress.  The goal now is to do this every time I skate.

Next I ran my "Science" program, first without music (or glasses) and then with the music AND the glasses.  It actually went okay and I ended on time.  The spin in the glasses is still scary but it goes okay so I should stop whining I guess.

Last I ran through my half of the duet.  It was okay although I still am having issues getting into the spin.  I'll keep working on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home