Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Preliminary Test, BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- pretty good.  BI lobes are still smaller than I'd like but okay.  The rest was good.
  • FO8 -- pretty decent.
  • FI8 -- pretty good.
  • waltz-8 -- about the same, unfortunately.  Still struggling with the step forward and checking the 3.  We tried pulling part of my scribe out to use as a stick (like this morning w/JJ) but the issue on the step forward here isn't really to turn the upper body quite so much -- if I do then I set up too much rotation and can't hold the edge.  So that was a nice idea that didn't quite work.  Hmmph.
  • BO8 -- ahhh.  These were a little rough at first but after a bit of work they were really quite nice!  I love doing these.
After my lesson I had a couple of minutes so I worked on BI8 (yikes) and serpentines.

I think we need to try a different approach on the waltz-8.  Break it down somehow or something.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home