Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

3s & Step Forward

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  We had a 30 minute lesson as we had some extra lesson time due to cancellations etc.

For today's lesson I told Lynne I wanted to break down the problem areas of the waltz-8 and work on them... so we did.

Today's lesson:

  • 3s - we spent the bulk of our time on these, working first on the small half-circle by the hockey boxes and then on the bigger circle.  Too much of the time my 3s are slow in tempo ; and my check is lacking.  Made some small progress on getting me to lean into the edge more going into the turn, and I had some that were decent.  It's just a lot harder to really get that edge in my patch blades I think.  Also trying to keep the free leg close all the time and not let it pop out on me after the turn... ugh.
  • step forward -- we spent the last few minutes on these.  Some improvement.
All in all some good work but I really just need a lot more time to practice.  After my lesson I spent the remaining few minutes on BO8 and serpentines.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home