Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Bronze Moves

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:

  • 5-step mohawk -- the L side is still weak.  We made some progress on getting me to stand up straighter on the mohawk and a little progress on making the steps more even.  The R side mohawk is still horrible though.
  • power-3s -- we focused on the nasty R side.  I was actually able to do them without  Le Stic!  They are rough and the pattern is horrible... but I did them.  Yay me!
  • circle-8 -- I just did it once (we were out of time) and it was actually really good. Yay!
After my lesson I finished out the session (we had started at 7:30) by running the other test items I had not run -- BXOs to BO edges (okay!), perimeter XOs (okay!) and the L side of the power-3s (getting better).  Yay!

I stayed and skated the 8:15 session and worked on my light program for Sunday.  It's pretty decent. I also worked on spins for a while -- they were pretty awful.  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home