Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.

Before my lesson I ran through the Bronze moves test.  It's getting better though I didn't quite make it through the RFO power-3s.  Grrr.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- this was 18 of our 20 minutes :-).  After quite a while I finally got several that were really quite good, including one pretty nice 3-rev spin.  So I continued in hopes of locking in some muscle memory but they got somewhat worse after that.  I am getting a feel for what it feels like to be in the right position, but too often I rush it and force the spin.  Still I thought we made some good progress.
  • windup -- just time for 3 or 4 of these.  The entrance looks really nice and and I'm actually doing a reasonable good job of it but not coming over the L side so my spin goes nowhere.  Grrr.
After my lesson I had a few minutes so I worked on moves some more.  Urph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home