Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Power-3s & Salchow

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:

  • power-3s -- we worked on both sides, then worked on the R side with Le Stic (Le Baton).  Ugh!  The L side is so much smoother.  On the R side I feel like I'm just throwing myself around.  Anyway JJ gave lots of helpful (more or less) feedback but it mostly comes down to not forcing it and keeping my weight over the edge (duh).
  • salchow -- warmed up with a couple of waltz jumps then on to the salchow again.   Working on checking the entry 3 and holding the LBI a bit longer.  We're almost back to where we were, namely that I wait too long to jump and so the BI edge curves around too much.  Grrr.

Lots to practice.... I feel like I need more ice time but I know part of it is that I've had very little for the past several weeks so I don't feel like I am making any progress.  Ice time Friday morning so I can practice, yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home