Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Waltz-8 Elements

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler adult skate today.  There's no Ice CafĂ© today due to the Thanksgiving holiday but they did have an adult skate. I decided to do figures again today (not spins) since I had not figures lesson last week.

Today's lesson:
  • 3s -- we continued working on these, on the small semicircle and then on my scribed circles.  The L side is getting there... R side not so much, still kinda forced.  Grrr.
  • step forward -- in isolation these are not so bad (R is better than L).  From the RBO I can actually turn my foot and push (most of the time), only occasionally on the LBO.  Still trying to stand straighter and have more control.
  • waltz-8 -- we ran through it just once.  It is still weak, but definitely a bit better.  Argh.

After my lesson I worked on BO8, serpentines and 3s to center.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home