Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

BXOS & Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Cold out today!  Winter has arrived.

Today's lesson:

  • BXOs to BO edges -- Just some refinement on this move to fix the RBO, specifically, and also some work on the BXOs in general to get them to be fully crossed and not so scratchy.  My main takeaway on this was to not hurry the BXOs tempo-wise but be more deliberate on them and also to push a bit harder.  I really need to work on just improving the BXOs in general, it would benefit this move and of course the perimeter XOs.
  • Jumps -- just a couple of minutes on these, warmed up waltz jumps (JJ reminded me to look UP) and then a couple of (really bad) salchows.  Bleah.
Starting in a couple of weeks JJ's schedule will be changing and I will have uber-early lessons.  Ugh. Not looking forward to it but maybe it will get me to skate a little more since I'll already be at the rink anyway?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home