Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, December 01, 2014

Spin Progress!

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Ice Den Chandler.

I had a half hour before my lesson so I ran through the Bronze moves.  I actually did a complete runthrough including the dreaded power-3s.  I didn't die :-). Still kind of concerned about whether I can make enough progress on these between now and Jan. 30 to actually pass though as the power-3s and 5-step seem quite a ways from passing still and I'm not likely to be above on anything else to make up for it.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- we didn't draw any half-circles for me to use as a guide today, and that was fine.  After a rough start I started doing much better... was able to relax a bit more.  They were good, they got worse, then they got better again ... very encouraged as usually once they're bad, they're bad and they don't improve.  I got several 3-rev spins and even one 4-rev spin!  Very exciting.
  • windup -- these are still kinda rough.  The first dozen were not so good (way too rushed) but by the end I did manage a good 3-rev spin.  Yay! 
All in all I'm quite excited by this progress.  I just pray it lasts :-)

Here's a pic of my 4-rev spin (entrance from the right):

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home