Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Bronze Moves

My lesson with JJ at our new timeslot, the 6 a.m. FS at Gilbert (*yawn*).

I'd not been on the "first FS of the day" at a rink in quite some time... and of course I was there 15 minutes beforehand only to find the doors weren't even open.  Staff arrived at maybe 8 minutes before (to be fair they probably aren't paid to be there early).  So of course I was a little late getting on the session.  Grrr. I had my blades sharpened when I was in Portland over the weekend but they were just fine. I had my blades sharpened when I was in Portland over the weekend but they were just fine.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- meh.  I'm slow.  Pattern is okay, but I think one side of my BXOs are not fully crossed.
  • power-3s -- ugh.  I got through them but the R side is still pretty ugly.  I'm starting to almost like the L side though.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- these are okay.  I just need to be aware of the things I need to do and make them happen and then they are okay.
  • circle-8 -- just okay.  I really need to work on these more as doing them in my FS blades is waaaay harder and different than my patch blades.
  • 5-step mohawk -- we spent a little time on these.  The R side is okay but I'm still jumping the L side so we worked it with Le Stic.  I need to stand up straighter.
They are slowly coming along.  I think I really just need to keep practicing them a lot.  Not sure how I feel about the concept of testing these 1/30 though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home